Monday, January 23, 2017

What are you reading? (My book recommendations)

If you don't like to read, you haven't found the right bookI was talking to a friend the other day who shyly admitted that he hadn’t read a full book in over a year. And the reason he was shy about it was because he had been a lifelong reader and had seen the difference it had made in his life.

But there’s definitely something happening with the easy access to our phones and all of the other distractions that are reducing the amount of reading many of us are doing.

I’ve seen it personally, and I think it’s a problem. :)

Books are different than online content. They’re thoughtful, curated, and edited. They let you pause and think. They don’t come with a bunch of negative comments attached to the bottom of every thought.

So one of my New Year’s resolutions is to increase the amount of reading I do, and I’d like to challenge you to do the same.

To hopefully get you started, here are some of the books that I’m currently reading. I’m a five-books-at-a-time kind of guy, jumping between whatever I’m in the mood for. My wife is the opposite. She reads one book start to finish no matter what. :)

Nick's Nonfiction Book Recommendations

Making Life Easy: A Simple Guide to a Divinely Inspired Life – by Christiane Northrup

Making Life EasyOne of the most amazing things about my work is how I get to interact with some of my favorite authors. So spending a day with Christiane during my sister’s wedding in Mexico, and then reading her book, is about as cool as it gets. :)

This is a beautiful book - a departure from her previous, more medical work. And I just love it! Here’s a couple of bullet points about what the book promises, to give you a better idea of how great it is.

Take your well-being into your own hands as you learn to:

  • Untie the knots of blame and guilt that harm your health
  • Use sexual energy consciously to increase vitality
  • Balance your microbiome through healthy eating
  • Cultivate a healthy ego that serves you (not vice versa)
  • Communicate directly with the Divine

The Tapping Solution

Ask and It Is Given - by Abraham-Hicks

Last week I shared a video by Abraham and spoke about how often I go back to this material. I believe one of the keys to success in any aspect of your life is to continue to revisit material to help it sink in even further.

That’s why I’ve seen people who go through the whole Tapping World Summit (or one of our online programs) several times, get the best results. It’s the same with this great book. (BTW… since many of you have been asking… our NINTH(!) annual Tapping World Summit will be starting it’s pre-launch on February 6th. Stay tuned!)

The Tapping Solution

The Tapping Solution for Manifesting Your Greatest Self – by... ME!

Ok, this isn’t a real one because I’ve been reading it again and again for editing purposes. It’s due out Fall of 2017, so you’ll just have to be patient on this one. :)

The Tapping Solution

Tools of Titans - by Tim Ferris
This is a massive book. It covers, as the subtitle says, “The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers”. I don’t know Tim personally, though we have several close mutual friends. But I’ve been massively impressed with his work over the past decade and I love this book. If you’re looking to upgrade your performance in any aspect of life, this tome is for you.

The Tapping Solution

My Age of Anxiety: Fear, Hope, Dread and the Search for Peace of Mind - by Scott Stossel
While I definitely wish the author had explored EFT Tapping in the book, it’s a wonderful book about his experience and the history of treating anxiety. More than anything, through his delicate and vulnerable writing, I felt such compassion for him and those who have experienced crippling anxiety. It’s a great read if you’ve struggled with anxiety, or if you’re a practitioner or coach.

The Tapping Solution

The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting - by Jimmy Moore and Dr. Jason Fung
Fasting in various forms has been a part of my life for over a decade. In fact, I came up with the idea to make The Tapping Solution documentary film on day 5 of a fast. I’ve found it to be a real miracle on so many levels, and this book does a great job of laying out all the recent science and research behind it, as well as giving you simple plans to try it. Read it, try fasting (safely and under doctor’s supervision) and let me know how it helps you.

The Tapping Solution

And here are three fiction titles to have some fun with!

The Whistler - by John Grisham.  My father-in-law just gave me this book while on vacation. A perfect book for the beach. Classic Grisham page turner.

The Way of Kings - by Brandon Sanderson. If you love fantasy, then you know the name Brandon Sanderson. This book and others in the trilogy are fantastic. I also love his “Mistborn” series.

The Fall of Giants - by Ken Follett (The Century Trilogy Book 1).  Better set aside a year to get through this amazing, expansive, historical epic. He brings history to life like no one else!

The Tapping Solution

There you go!

Plenty to keep you busy for the next day, week, month, or year. :)

Until next time…

Keep Tapping! (and reading)

Nick Ortner


I’d love to hear from you!  Have you read a fiction or non-fiction book recently that you love? Or do you have an all-time favorite you recommend? Comment below!

The blog post What are you reading? (My book recommendations) is republished from: The Tapping Solution

No comments:

Post a Comment